View Single Post
Old 03-16-2007, 10:12 PM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Default Once I put capsaicin cream on Alan's feet!!!!

Oh brother, I will never forget that night as long as I live. He was on the 50 of the fentanyl at the time. It must have been 4 or so years ago. He had just been increased from the the 25 patch.

Someone told me to buy Zostrix creme. It was new at the time. Use Zostrix for pain and you're pain will go away. Doesn't work like the rubs, it takes time to get into your system, but when it does, BAM, it's supposed to take the pain away.

Yeah, right!!! We didn't know that Alan had a scratch along the top of his foot. It was barely perceptable. So I get some of the zostrix creme and rub it go into his foot. Well, it was 1 a.m. and he jumps out of bed and starts running around the room screaming. I was beside myself, I had no idea what to do. He kept screaming, "I'm on fire". "I'm on fire". I quickly got an ice cold compress and washed off the creme but he was still screaming.

Since I didn't know what else to do, I just grabbed a 25 patch of the fentanyl and slapped it on his back. In 30 seconds flat he went "oh thank God".

Never went near that creme again. BAD NEWS if you have a scratch or abrasion.

jeez.......

mel

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote