View Single Post
Old 09-13-2011, 02:18 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Smith View Post
Aside from tolerance, I can think of a couple of possibilities. If the supplement is something your body needs, you feel the obvious difference. After a time you may not feel the difference because your levels have increased to where you're no longer in deficit ("in the red"), so you may discontinue, but upon cessation those levels may slowly decrease until there's a deficit again. You may be close to the balance point, and those "emergency" uses may be enough to bring you up into "the black" again - for a time. I think this is why most people just continue on lower doses than those they may have started on - to keep their levels "in the black". This all depends on what supplements we're talking about, and the underlying need/reason for taking them.

I experienced this with vitamin D. I was very low at one point, brought it up with the megadose type (which I felt at first, but not later) and once the level was up, decreased to something more reasonable. If I stopped taking it altogether, I have no doubt I would become deficient again.

Do you get a sense of anticipation when you start one of these supplements? If so, there's a possibility that adrenalin or one of the other adrenal hormones is involved, making you feel better for a short time, and as time goes on that effect levels off too as levels return to normal.

Doc
Not really, ive bee at this game too long to allow my emotions to get the better of me , though i wont deny theres still some expectation otherwise I wouldnt be trying it .

A lot of my issues ( in fact TBH all my problems ) seem to be all affected by my muscoskeletal issues , and im not just talking purely neuroapthy here , but other problems not normally related like anosmia too .

Taking something like lithium orotate or Cordyceps that relaxes the smooth muscle seems to help my neuropathy in a different way, but the problem is it also creates a catch 22 that has a terrible effect on my connective tissue ,and in turn my ability to " hold myself together " using the haptic proprioception amongst other things.

i suspect - in fact i know ive doing this so long its probably second nature , now for me to almost be continually stressed just to stop my joint getting worse ( wich in turn affect my neuropathy eventually ) so instead i try to focus on address them and whatever else i can to help the neuroapthy ( if is indeed that )

m
melon is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote