Thread: My day: I win!
View Single Post
Old 09-13-2011, 03:15 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by legzzalot View Post
Well the $54,000 bill was corrected and resubmitted to the insurance company. It seems when they set me up for self pay for this infusion it kicked all of the pending bills over as self pay. Two hours at the hospital talkin to the patient advocate rep and I actually go a lot accomplished. I discovered that the $7500 spend down amount is automatically covered to be written off based solely on the fact that I qualify for Medicaid. I received copies of the bills from Friday and yesterday that I am responsible for and my spend down has been met but I will not receive the official bills for 10 days. Which means I have to pay full price when I follow up with the pcp next week, which is fine because they waved the $250 deposit I was suposed to pay for my infusion.

Took care of all of the other running around that needed to be done and made most of the calls I needed to. My to do list for tomorrow is a lot lighter than today's. Although the mail man brought me another $4,000 bill today so I will have to go resubmit that one to the insurance too. I am thinking about breaking up with that guy if he doesn't stop bringing me bills.

And now I am getting ready for back to school night and a PTO meeting at the elementary school. I need a nap. Like a 2 day long nap.
Well that is a very busy day that had some really good accomplishments! I would love to break up with the mailman some days! But that wouldn't work because sometimes he brings checks instead of bills

That 2 day nap sounds great! I'll take one too! Good luck with getting everything done.
nemsmom is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
SallyC (09-13-2011)