View Single Post
Old 03-16-2007, 11:17 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Lara,
Thanks for your post. Neurologist called from his home tonight and was very upset that she returned to the field. He told my wife he NEVER cleared her for even "light" workout. I know my daughter. She heard what she wanted to hear. Now the neurologist says NO activity, that we're starting from scratch and that there will never be a way to measure her first post-concussion tests against what she scores from here on out. She was given a pretty hard-core pain releif cocktail along with some sleep-inducing stuff for tonight. If she doesn't sleep tonight (after weeks of pretty dramatic improvement, that's what's killing me!) we have to take her to the emergency room. I will do whatever it takes to get her well. She's going to be completely withdrawn from school again on monday, after being allowed to increase her load to two classes per day. Pretty much lights out, NO physical activity and lots of anti-depressants until she has NO headaches. I have trained this exceptional soccer goalkeeper in the game she so loves. I know part of her motivation to return to the field is to please me. She pleases me WITHOUT soccer! I don't need it, I need her! She's such a beautiful girl. I love this girl, and I'm watching her struggle. It can't hurt me worse than it hurts her, but I'd take ALL of her pain to make her pain free. I'm so sad for her.

Last edited by spudbro9999; 03-16-2007 at 11:20 PM. Reason: spelling
spudbro9999 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote