View Single Post
Old 09-14-2011, 05:20 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

Hello, and welcome to the gang.

The only info I have is much as you share with the first pregnancy. It is tough trying to balance the meds, and affect on the baby vs. going off them during pregnancy.

The long term issue is caring for the kiddos and any parents absolutly needing a dependable support system. Difficult for any parent on their own without support. But having post partum issues or balancing the body chemicals is a challange.

It takes a person that can balance and adjust, with a dependable family to be there. My dil had similar diagx as yours, not the PTSD. She was okay single, prior to the baby to care for and a home, I am not sure she took meds. After the marriage, I needed to help a lot, mostly with the baby when he came. Difficult time getting meds and chemical balance back.

Dil went back to work, son was stay at home dad on disability/wc. But the lack of sleep was a huge thing for them. DGS was born with a disordor that the tummy was coming through a hole in the diaphram, unkn if related to meds. BUT he never slept, projectile vomit after eating. It was 2 yrs before he even slept through the night.
The first 6 months, the kids had come up every afternoon for me to give them a breather, and then on weekends stayed here for me to do the night shift. I went to bed about 9 am when they got up.

I do not know how they would have met his needs without the family pitching in for them. I am sure some how they would draw on inner strength, but it was so much easier having family support AND unconditional caring.

Pocono area, PA

"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (09-14-2011), waves (09-14-2011)