View Single Post
Old 09-14-2011, 08:15 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I recently discovered that I am going through it right now, and have been for a while

About 2 years ago, I felt pressure on my chest, and was at an APDA board meeting..I told a nurse who was there how I was feeling, and she told me to go to the ER, I might be having a heart attack, so I did..After 2 EKG's, blood work, chest x-rays, etc, they concluded that my heart was fine..About 10 months ago, I had a stress test, and 2 more EKG's..Conclusion:..heart is fine

My neuro has examined me about 8-10 times in the past 2 years..Conclusion:..Muscle tone is good, pd is still mostly on one side, minimum of rigidity, mild dyskinesia, in right leg, motor skills good, balance good, response to meds is very good............yet when meds wear off/are wearing off, all hell breaks loose..Pressure on my chest causes me to breathe heavy, sweat pours off me for prolonged periods, freezing, stuttering, weak voice, whole body feels extremely weak, and moderate to severe depression comes on me like the plague..I get so uncomfortable sometimes, that I want to jump out of my skin..I ask myself why I am depressed?..The only problem I have in my life is pd, everything else is good..I have absolutely no other reason to be depressed, except for the way I feel when my meds wear off

So..My neuro gives me a good report on my condition on every examination..In his words.."You are on top of your game"

I still respond well to meds, and you cant tell I have pd when medicated..Yet I feel like Im dying when my meds wear off

If this was put into mathamatical terms, it wouldnt add up

How can I be in such good physical shape, respond the same to meds, go fishing twice a week, and feel so crappy when my meds wear off?

It is an established fact that stress, and anxiety raises hell with pd symptoms..Whatever goes into me emotionally, manifests itself physically in symptoms

I talk with a friend last night who does not have pd, but has an anxiety disorder, and has been on meds for years..I asked him what anxiety/an anxiety attack feels like?

His response:.."I get this pressure on my chest..It feels like Im having a heart attack..I have had EKG's stress tests etc, and they couldnt find anything wrong with my heart"

BINGO!!..That is "PROBABLY" my problem, and tomorrow I am going back to my neuro, and get on some meds to address this..I never discussed this problem in detail with my neuro, cuz I didnt think it was pd related, but now I am reasonably sure it is
GregD (09-14-2011), imark3000 (09-15-2011)