View Single Post
Old 09-14-2011, 08:24 AM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koala77 View Post
So much for the advances of modern medicine.

Too much modern medicine! I truly believe that it sometimes speeds up the dying process instead of slowing or reversing it.

I've thought about death nearly everyday since my DH died at 47. My cousin passed away recently - he was 43 - but he was an alcoholic and had numerous health issues. It wasn't a shock.

Like B2Y said, coming to terms with our mortality makes a difference in how we live our lives. I try to live each day as if it's my last.....and not do or say anything I'll regret. And not leave things unsaid. There's nothing worse than the feeling of not doing or saying what you feel and then not having a chance to correct it.
These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
Kitty is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Blessings2You (09-14-2011), Debbie D (09-15-2011), Koala77 (09-14-2011), MSCherokee (09-18-2011), SallyC (09-14-2011)