View Single Post
Old 09-14-2011, 10:26 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I'm an unsentimental minimalistic organizer by nature, married to a sappy disorganized hoarder-by-DNA. WWIII breaks out every time I try to sort and downsize! I will admit, I have gotten rid of things ( a FEW things!) that I later wished I had kept. But really! I don't see the need to hump around his boxed up undergrad textbooks, which weigh a freaking ton, through four moves!

We keep, at DH's insistence, old issues of Sports Illustrated, his Cub Scout uniform, his little league football helmet, every scribble the kids produce, every birthday card from anyone, anything that ever belonged to a relative or was given to us by a relative... you get the picture.

I have very little from my maternal grandmother, nothing at all from my paternal grandparents. From my dad, I have an old plaid shirt that I wear to do yardwork. From my sister, I have sheetmusic. Now when my mom dies, oh boy. She has 108 acres, a 2000 sq ft house, and 7 outbuildings crammed full of farm junk. My sister and I and our DH's will have soooo much fun.

I would rather spend all my money on doing fun things and traveling with my loved ones, making memories, rather than acquiring possessions, if I had the choice.

"Never try to teach a pig to sing.
It wastes your time, and annoys the pig."
msarkie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Blessings2You (09-14-2011), mochagirl13 (09-14-2011), SallyC (09-14-2011)