View Single Post
Old 03-17-2007, 01:34 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Fear of Lying: Been here, done this!

It's been two years since I was last here. Just reregistered and the message says: Our records indicate that you have never posted to our site before. Not true. I was an active poster after an 8-hour blackout on a plane that left me with a diagnosis of epilepsy. Looked for answers here and incredibly wonderful people responded and comforted.

Two years have passed, this board has changed, I've been fine, and I still don't believe I had epilepsy. However, in the past several months I've had a few weird events that make me wonder. One morning this past December I woke up to find my pajamas and the bed soaking wet; I apparently peed vigorously in my sleep, and had no memory of it. This was a first time event for me. Then four weeks ago I seemed to have gone wandering in my sleep (I have no history of sleepwalking) because I awoke with excruciating pain and difficulty breathing. Called my doctor, was sent to the emergency room, and X-rays revealed a broken rib. Nothing in my apt was disturbed, nothing overturned or out of place to indicate a fall, and I had no memory of any nocturnal activity, accident or resulting pain.

So here I go again. New neurologist, new round of tests. MRI on Monday, sleep-deprived EEG to follow. Been there, done that -- and expect no conclusive results from any tests. What next?
HeatherH is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote