View Single Post
Old 09-14-2011, 04:53 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

i can tell you from my own experience applying for disability that you have to document, document, and document some more. your drs that is. it sounds like your dr is willing to do that. make sure that you get copies of all dr notes. doing this gives you information and lets you call your dr in case there are any errors (i found some).

also, when my pcp dr sent in the info i later found out that ssdi never got some of the paperwork, yet my dr's office said they sent it??????? i believe that contributed to my being denied, which is common your first time around. get all the paperwork in your hot little hands, make your own copies and send it yourself return receipt requested. then you have proof.

also, my neuro's office told me to fill out the application like it was my master's paper. that's the way i approaced it.

i don't remember about fmla but isn't that benefit without pay? short term or long term disability is with pay.

so, back to documentation; ask for any tests to be done that will put #'s to your case. i had functional capacity tests that documented all my weaknesses. done by an occupational therapist.

good luck. keep us posted.
You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars; you have a right to be here.
And whether or not it is clear to you, no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should.
--------------------------------------
"DESIDERATA" by Max Ehrmann
NurseNancy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
carebear01 (09-19-2011), SallyC (09-14-2011)