View Single Post
Old 09-14-2011, 05:21 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default New with recent ACDF surgery

I had ACDF surgery on Friday, 9-2, on C4-C7 with allografts and plate and 15 screws. The surgery was required due to myelopathy symptoms and MRI. I had lumbar spinal stenosis diagnosed 7 years ago, no surgery. I took Celebrex and used traction as needed. Last year I started falling. I would trip on some little thing and fall to the ground. I told my physician and she ordered PT. Therapist did not think I was improving so sent me back to Dr. Had another lumbar MRI that showed compression on my spine. I was referred to a Neurosurgeon 2 days later. He said the falling had a cervical cause. Ordered a cervical MRI that day which also showed spinal compression. Had gait eval and walker was Rx'd.
On Percocet and Flexoril upon hospital discharge after a 2 night stay. Also hard Miami J collar 24/7. Called Neuro and requested more Percocet for second week of recovery and was treated like a drug addict. Was told by Neuro that if I took Percocet every for hours fo 2 eeks, I'd be addicted. Was given enough for my second week of recovery if I take only every 6 hours. Is this usual?
LiveLaughLove is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote