Thread: Really Scared
View Single Post
Old 09-14-2011, 06:25 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Really Scared

I have been in bed for 5 days with depression over all of my symptoms and wanted to see if anyone could help. Thank you in advance for reading and responding to this post. Here are my symptoms,

1. 8 months ago numbness between second and third toes on left foot

2. 4 months later burning and numbness moving up from toes to left leg now left leg and toes involved.

3. 2 months later numbness and tingling now in big toe and little toe on right foot

4. Almost immediately numbness in right leg.

5. About 1 week later, numbness in both forearms and some slight numbness in face .

6. About 1 week later twitches in arms and legs.

I am literally so scared, I have been to a neurologist he did an EMG it was normal and a boat load of blood tests all normal, yesterday he did a spinal tap and more blood tests I am waiting on results, in the meantime I am having so much anxiety and freaking out that I now think my hands are really weak, don't know if they really are or not. ( Does that make sense?) The neuro doc started me on Xanax because I'm so nervous, I wasn't nervous when this all began so he does not think anxiety related at all. I would really appreciate any words of wisdom, I am thinking the worst, that I am going to be paralyzed in a few months and dead within a year, I'm sorry probably being over dramatic, but seriously very scared, any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Jan
Liftyourhands7 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Alffe (10-04-2011), dd in pain (09-14-2011), Katiebell (09-15-2011), tamiloo (09-14-2011)