View Single Post
Old 09-14-2011, 07:54 PM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo*mar View Post
I added a bit more about Verizon products to it.

http://www22.verizon.com/residential...one/123765.htm

If you got the wireless modem form verizon you wouldn't need to mess with a router.

the computer close to the modem can still be plugged in with a cable & the wireless signal would go to the usb adapter on the other pc.
Oh, I have a good question. Let's say I get the wi fi adaptor thing for my old computer. I hook it into the USB port. I have several neighbors who have laptops and computers and routers. Now my friend around the corner has a laptop and no dsl line. She thought she was getting the signal from her daughter who lives upstairs but she wasn't SHE WAS GETTING IT FROM THE NEXT DOOR. She said "oh, look, who is this guy" and I said "Oh, that's Giovanni who lives next door". I said "you're getting the WiFi signal from your next door neighbor?? Does he know this??" She said "I have no idea"

So what happens if I do the WiFi thing before I buy the router?

If someone near my house has a router, do I get a WiFi signal from THEIR router? Is this legal? Would they see it on their computer? I don't want to do something I'm not supposed to do. I don't want someone knocking on my door saying "Are you getting a signal from my house? "

See why I'm confused?

Please advise me on this.

Thanks, Melody

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote