View Single Post
Old 09-14-2011, 08:14 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Thanks for your response and advice and good leads.

En bloc, thanks for information on a possible relationship between PN and Gastro-paresis, and skin biopsy recommendation for small fiber.

Mrs D, thanks for sharing your experience with TSH. I can go back to the neurologist for closer look at that. You asked if an A1C was done. I checked lab reports and don’t see A1C. I do see what appears to be regular no-fasting blood glucose tests that reported 88, 79, and 79 in three labs in the last year (“normal” range 70-110). Also, my cholesterol is normal so no drugs for that.

Before I finished writing this, just now, I decided, based on your comment about the possibility of a toxic anti-biotic, to investigate the antibiotics I have taken. I took Levaquin about the same time the numbness started close to two years ago now. As I recall, my achilles tendons started hurting and I stopped taking the pills. I believe I took 8 of the 10 that were prescribed. Do you believe this could be the cause? I felt no numbness while taking the pills. The tendon pain went away. It’s interesting that the toxin in the Levaquin may have remained in my body after I stopped taking it. Any advice on how I should proceed with the neurologist? I will follow your drug thread. Do you think the Levaquin is the slam dunk cause? Or should I also continue to ask for more aggressive testing for Hypothyroidism, D3, Autoimmune disorder, A1C, and small fiber? In any case, I also believe I’ll start the B12 (methyl-cobaline).

Mike
mtanker is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote