View Single Post
Old 09-15-2011, 03:49 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Blessings, you have a very healthy and motivated idea at work in your life.

Yes, your original post made me smile and laugh because you are right. We can't take any of this "stuff" with us. In our family we have become accustomed to reaching whatever point we feel is best and allowing relatives to identify that which they would like to have when we are gone. To the point of making lists and labeling the pieces with their names so there is no confusion.

Look around the home and how much "stuff" has been accumulated over the years we will never use, yet may be of benefit to someone else in need? In our home, if you haven't worn it in over a year or used it, we donate it to Amvets or whomever. The valuable and important items have already been determined and listed in our trust for the children in full agreement.

I do NOT under any circumstances wish my children to have to experience what I and my siblings endured having to go through 80+ years of "stuff" left in my parents home, room by room. Let's just say they never threw anything away as in how many plastic bags does a person really need on hand? Four trash cans full it a tad too much, don't you think?

So Blessings, I recommend you do it now while you can actually make the decisions and move the "stuff" out of your life someone else may benefit from using. Just make sure someone assist you with the massive task ahead of you and have fun in the process.

Richmond, VA USA
NeuroNixed Craig is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Blessings2You (09-15-2011), msarkie (09-16-2011), SallyC (09-15-2011)