View Single Post
Old 09-15-2011, 10:32 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NurseNancy View Post
i wonder if your neuro could refer you for some cognitive therapy of some sort.
i'm thinking of something to teach you how to deal with your forgetfullness in such a way that you'd make less mistakes.

i've read about it before. i don't know if it's occupational tx or not. darn, i can't remember.
I actually went through cognitive training over a year ago. It helped some, taught me some tricks, but nothing earthshatteringly new. I also did some additional online memory training for about 6 months. I've done everything I can think of, like I said, I now record my bosses dictation to me. I do the task according to my notes, then listen to the tape and make sure I go it all. Now I work even more slowly. I have not found a way to compensate for complete blanks in my memory. I'm having more difficulty focusing on conversations, I forget the subject during the discussion. With co-workers and friends, its not so bad, I just bow out gracefully and silently, but when I blank on my boss it is serious problem.

My neuro said there is full disability and partial. If I got a partial disability, meaning I can't do this job, but I can take a low level job at lower rate of pay and the DI will help me cover expenses? But I don't imagine it works like that. I've been on the SSDI site and it doesn't discuss full and partial DI (at least not that I've found.) Can I get a medium level part time job? The site says you can work while on DI, some sort of Work Incentive program, but I'm not clear on what that is.

I'm still walking upright and six feet above ground.
Catch is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
dmplaura (09-15-2011), NurseNancy (09-15-2011), SallyC (09-15-2011)