View Single Post
Old 09-15-2011, 11:28 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default evoked potentials and b12 deficiency with burning pain

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsD View Post
may I ask what you are doing for your B12 deficiency?

When was your last test and what was the result... including the concentration because in other countries besides US the readings are different and have to be converted.

If you are not treating your B12 problem adequately it can lead to all sorts of further damage.
hi and thank you for your reply. originally it was back in the 80's when i started have long spells of dizziness that the docs found b12 deficiency however back then they did not connect the two together. the docs were puzzled and said that it could possibly manifest into ms. in 95 my legs began giving out and my vision went wacky. mri was clear, evp (evoked potentials) in eyes and legs were delayed. still thought it could be ms. last 2 years i have had widespread burning pain that initially came in 2 bouts including complete loss of voice both times. then the burning came and never left. again mri is clear but evp shows delays only in legs not eyes and mri is clear. for 13 years i went for monthly shots of b12 and for the last year have been taking slow release b12 orally. 2 drs i saw unrelated to neurology 1 haematologist for blood clot and a rheumy to rule out vasculitis (family history of it) suggested i get tested for small fiber neuropathy as it sounds like sympathetic nervous system has been affected. i sweat like mad even when i am cold, skin temp is different in different areas of my body. no one seems to have answers. neuros do not like other dr opinions so it is impossible to get sweat test and skin punch biopsy. i have even considered going state side to have them done but we are not wealthy and i have no idea of cost. i am on a plethora of pain meds and yet still have break through burning. also i am hypersensative to all kinds of antibiotics and ant-convulsants.; i think i've covered just about all of it. thanks again for your reply.
titanrules is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote