Thread: Mood Swings....
View Single Post
Old 09-15-2011, 01:52 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark in Idaho View Post
The short fuse, as crystal calls it, is common to PCS. I find that I need to avoid the triggers rather than try to deal with the triggers once they start to cause trouble.

Recognizing the triggers is the first step. Then, a request for someone to turn the TV or music down while you step away BEFORE you start to feel the pressure building is the best solution. It is no different than a blind person requesting the family to stop moving the furniture.

It is not unreasonable to make these requests. Family and true friends will understand the need to get on board with this issue. They need to understand it is not a personality choice. It is your brain jumping into fight or flight mode due to the over-stimulation.

It may take a few serious sit down conversations to get cooperation but the others will benefit from the support they give you.

Hope you find help. I know how much trouble the outbursts can be.

My best to you.
Mark, thank you. SO MUCH!! I'm looking forward to receiving the help that I am so entitled too, once the red tape of Worker's Comp. has been cut. I really appreciate your support, it makes perfect sense.
One other thing I've noticed, MUCH too my dismay, is that I have started to mispell words. I wrote a check to the boy scouts for popcorn and spelled troop.."troup"...my nine year old corrected me...I've ALWAYS been SUCH a grammar nitpick!!! This experience is humbling, to say the least
It's great to be able to come to this site where the support is so comforting
JulieRN is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote