View Single Post
Old 09-15-2011, 05:57 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Hi anj,

Yes, the corsodyl can cause burning and itching of your entire mouth if you are sensitive or allergic to it. It may take a few days after you stop using it for that to calm down.

The only time you pack an extraction site is when a dry socket is suspected. Otherwise, it is best to leave it undisturbed. I don't understand why you are not scheduled to see the dentist for a follow up evaluation??

I would suggest that you stop using the syringe to irrigate the extraction site and use the warm salt water to "rinse" your entire mouth with. You may be irritating the surgical site with the irrigation and perhaps you are using too much salt also. It is not necessary to use alot of salt as the salt could cause the gum tissue to become irritated and inflamed. The warm salt water rinses are used for soothing, cleansing and healing purposes. A1/4 teaspoon max to a 3-5 ounce glass of warm water is adequate.

Hope this info helps!
Bryanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by anjjiel View Post
Thank you so much for your reply. I am so glad you told me about the corsodyl I will stop immediately. My dentist didn't mention dry socket, he had just packed it and put me on amoxicillin 500mg for infection in the gum which i will finish tomorrow night. He didn't invite me for a recall either The gum tissue is still extremely sore and stinging, but I am now getting worried, I am experiencing pain, like a burning/cutting - (like when a tooth is trying to push through the gum) in my upper and lower gum behind my wisdom teeth? the left upper area (left upper is where I had my extraction) where the wisdom tooth has actually been removed a good few years ago. I am also experiencing itching around all of my gums and my mouth feels incredibly hot. It soothes instanly if I eat some icecream, but comes back instantly also. It seems to occur stronger during the evening. I am taking ibuprofen, codeine and my antibiotics, I also try to keep it as clean as possble by gentle brushing and using syringe with salt water. I have stuck to the soft food diet and drink water regularly. Could the corsodyl mouthwash have caused this strange itching? It is alcohol free.
Sorry to bother you again, your help is greatly appreciated
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote