View Single Post
Old 09-15-2011, 05:58 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Question aargh...Norton HELP!!!

I tried to be good and update my Norton stuff and now I have apparently messed that up. I don't know if there is any help for this one.

Two things appeared, or else I found them and thought they needed an update. 'Norton Download Manager' and something else that I have forgotten what it was called. I tried to download them and a little short cut icon appeared' (?) 'Download Manager 1 and 2, ditto the other thing. I may have downloaded each twice, I couldn't find 'run' or 'execute' and thought I lost them. I got a pop up that said 'another download manager is currently running, please try again later' so left computer online for several hours in hopes something was happening. A new icon appeared after that I think. I clicked again and it said download manager is running, click cancel to download or install (?) new one I think. Did that and it said it couldn't do it and directed me to Norton site to pick out what I needed to download. Download manager was not offered as a choice. Went to help site but it wants an account and I don't have one as my sister purchased the Norton. It said I could open a free account but did not know Id get info or if they'd want $.

Questions are do you think I messed up and uninstalled download manager? I don't know how to find out. Should I open an account or try to mascarade as sister, she cant remember what password she used but I think her email is the same and I might get the secret word. Should I just yell at her and make her come over and fix everything? I have such a mess I don't know what to do.
Zygo
zygopetalum is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote