View Single Post
Old 09-15-2011, 06:50 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Thumbs up Here's how my day went > OR > WE were right all along

Whew...It's all over, thank goodness! This day certainly did not go as I had expected it would, that's for sure! Aside from my psych eval (more about that later ), my husband had his Intake appointments at the Family Health Center, where he will be attending a Partial Day program three days a week for about a month. I was worried about him going alone (he was to be picked up by a van) and answering all the questions and filling out all the papers. Well, turned out to our advantage that the van showed up before 7:30am, when we were told to be ready by 8 - 9am. There was no way we could've gotten him ready, and the van wouldn't wait, so I had to take him. He is so overmedicated that I had taken the time to write a letter expressing my concerns because his senses are so dulled that he looks kind of like he is sleep walking. Long story short, I was invited to stay and help out, which I certainly did...I could've kissed the doctor when she totally changed the way he is to take his meds, thank goodness. He will be taking a full 1/3 of the dosage of Depakote ER in the morning that the dumb doc at his last hospital had written for him to take all 1500mg of in the morning , which effectively turned him into a zombie. The rest of the intake went well, and he starts the 9 to 3 program tomorrow. Oh, did I mention that the whole process took so long that we ended up going from the intake to my psych appt? I guess it was good, because I didn't have time to sit around worrying about the appt, etc. I just want to say that I had the courage of my convictions due to the facts and support of you all here. I don't think I could have done it without you all!!

************************************************** ************************************************** **

Now to tell you how my C.E. appt went, I was pretty much horrified at this doctor's demeanor and how he conducted the whole exam. He looked as zombie-like as my DH does, and that in itself was frightening and bizarre. Then, he sat at the desk asking me all the same questions that he could have read on my application, like, name, DOB, education, Sx, meds I take, and so on. Not only that, but he spoke so softly with his face buried in his notes that I couldn't hear him many times, even after I explained to him that I have sub-normal hearing and forgot my hearing aid. Gr-r-r-r !! The mental status part of the exam went okay; I could only remember 2/3 words, had some other cognitive issues, but what really ****** ME OFF was that he seemed to have no memory for the important facts, like the fact that I lost my home and daughter to fire eight months ago, at one point saying, "You weren't in the fire, right?" ~~~duh~~~. I sat there practically in disbelief at how clueless he was about my whole situation, but I think I finally got through to him the fact that I was in the fire and relive that moment when I opened our bedroom door to intense flames, and smoke, etc. I really don't think I got across to him the fact that my husband just got out of the hospital after three full months and that I am just about his sole caregiver, and have a full plate which overwhelms me to no end. But it's done. I couldn't help but cry when I told him about the fire and losing my daughter and my home, having flashbacks, etc, etc. He was asking stuff like, "What's worse, your ADHD or your anxiety? Your anxiety or your PTSD?" What a jerk! I can't wait to tell my friends at the DDS how weird and ridiculous the whole thing was....

Well, that about wraps it up. Suffice it to say I am exhausted but glad it's all over!

I am forever grateful for your knowledge and support.

Andrea 1/24/83-1/18/11

My grandchildren

** friend me on Facebook: Jacquie Grande Preston

** L4/L5 fusion w/ hardware in 2002; taking daily pain meds
** proud Grandma of Angelo, age 8, Julianna, age 6, and Penny, 10 months

MY HUSBAND & I ARE RETIRED AND ENJOYING LIFE !!
"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (09-15-2011), BlueCarGal (09-16-2011), DiMarie (09-15-2011), Dmom3005 (09-15-2011), waves (09-16-2011)