View Single Post
Old 09-16-2011, 12:44 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default inpatient vs outpatient ketamine infusion

Hi All,
For those of you have either the experiences and or knowledges about the inpatient and the outpatient ketamine infusion. Is one better than the other in terms of treatment outcome? Who should consider this treatment and who are the best candidates? What is the waiting period for this kind of treatment? Some insurance pay but some don't. I have blue cross blue shield of california. Do they cover ketamine infusion? Does anybody know? Do you have the procedure codes? Perhaps i can call my insurance to figure it out.
I am currently in a desperate situation as i suffer new RSD pains in my hands/arms and flares in my legs/feet after a blood drawn 2 months ago and this past Friday i was hit by the door as someone coming out from a door because i was so stupid standing by the door without realizing someone can go in and out of that door. The push was hard and unexpected and of course i screamed. I bet the whole supermarket heard my screaming. Since then, i experienced new RSD pains in right hand/arm then spread to my left hand/arm. The pain is sort of out of control. My pain is usually 2 or 3 out of 10. But now it is around 7/8 out of 10. The pain has gone up rapidly. I am scheduled for a serious of blocks. I got some temporary relief for my burning pain in my calves. I am hoping to get some relief for my hands and arms. I shall see. I can't live with this high level of pain for sure and i would appreciate your input in terms of treatment options to bring my pain down and or get rid of my new RSD pain.
Thanks everyone!
numb is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote