View Single Post
Old 09-16-2011, 12:00 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I disagree that they are strictly muscular effort. My fav exercise from Egoscue's books is the "static back" which is not an exercise at all, but a position in which gravity does the work of lining up the hips, shoulder and head, as well as elongating the spine. In fact, the vertebra are pulled in the direction that seems advocated by ABC materials I've been looking at. That's not to say that ABC doesn't offer something additional over those exercises, whether that's a more thorough effect, or faster course of treatment. I haven't tried it, so I wouldn't know.

Regarding my message about books and DVDs from Amazon, I wonder if some might interpret it as my primary advice for dealing with TOS and/or interpret it as "in place of" seeing a practitioner of some sort, rather than "complementary". I definitely use those resources as complementary. I'm currently seeing a chiro who does myofascial release and then adjustments with "the activator" tool. I'm happy with the results.

I was not happy with the first chiro I saw, whose treatments were the old school "quick-crack-crack-scoop-crack" and you're done method. Didn't work for me.

I think there is fundamental value in seeing a practitioner of some sort (whether DC, PT, MD, etc.) to leverage their expertise and their outside perspective. The trick is to find one that is good and affordable.
chroma is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote