View Single Post
Old 03-17-2007, 09:45 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Thanks for the replies everyone. What's particularly strange to me is that I didn't have a problem with sound or lights [U]before/U] surgery. It definitely seems to be a certain pitch. I have a really eclectic taste in music. I listen to everything from opera to pop to german heavy metal but one thing in common is a certain guitar (from what I can tell its the electric guitar and I'm not sure what else) note and the pitch of the singers voice that really set me off.

I did an internet search on this topic on webMD and it called it Reflex Epilepsy which is a condition where seizures are caused by triggers in the environment, most notably lights (flashing or strobe) and sound. It was really interesting (dare I say comforting) to find this information. If you're interested I did a general search on reflex epilepsy on yahoo and a quite a bit of stuff came up (particularly on epilepsy.com)