View Single Post
Old 09-17-2011, 12:30 AM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

Perfectionism is the toughest way to live life. Nothing will ever be good enough. Seeking a life partner who appreciates perfectionism is a path toward disaster.

I lived much of my life as a perfectionist. I did not accept myself much of the time because I knew I failed to be perfect so often. This attitude made me miserable to live with, especially during those less than perfect tantrums.

It wasn't until I realized the damage my perfectionism was causing that my life started to stabilize.

If you choose to wait until you rae fully recovered, you will never get back to pursuing relationships.

If, instead, you humble yourself, first to yourself, then to this wonderful lady, you can both grow through this time of healing. If you never fully recover, she will know how much you have tried. If she still wants to be with you, you will not have to worry about someone new leaving you because you had a relapse of symptoms.

Those long term or better, lifetime relationships last because we learn how to live through the tough times together. You need that kind of person in your life. A fair weather lady friend will be a short term lady friend.

My life is much better now because I know that I will fail myself and others. When i do, I know that the key issue is not the failure but instead, how did I react to the failure.

Accept your current condition. Learn to live with yourself. Then see if she is interested in a relationship with you as you have accepted yourself.

That will be a relationship worth having.

My best to you.

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote