Thread: St Jude SCS
View Single Post
Old 09-17-2011, 12:58 AM
Grand Magnate

10 yr Member
Grand Magnate

10 yr Member
Heart Not

Oh, my friend, that is not the answer. Believe you me when Cleo and I were wondering what to do with me, we even ASKED my physiatrist "can't you just go in there and CUT the stinking nerve bundle?" He let us know that while he Could..... I would be reduced to using a wheelchair forever, oh, and there was the thing about phantom pain that he taught us [of course I already knew due to my Sis Terri] even with cut nerves or amputations that will not necessarily shut off the neural memory of the brain. It has learned a LOT about pain from that region of the body.... a Lot!! It would be more likely to broadcast that same signal than not if we were to take out the nerve......

Same with you, you know. So, you have been given an opportunity to contemplate the SCS possibility as a means to manage pain at least to an extent. One thing I figure, is that my body will ache forever.... Forever! There is a great big BUT in there though, and it is my Boston Scientific SCS. That hummer has worked for me, and does work for me. Does it Always manage All of the pain? No. But it allows me to manage LIFE again without pain meds and I tolerate the balance. Am I a wuss and the pain was not really all THAT bad? Well, my thread chronicles that story, and I know full well when I drop the signal Way down, that BURN is right there where it has been since it first manifested and every bit as bad.

So Abbie, please give thought to your doc's discussions with you. Think about possibilities. Contemplate blessings. Count what you DO have and ponder whether it could be better if your doc was allowed to help you if it is suggested that the possibility is available. No, there are no guarantees at all, and some of those helps do come at a price and some more pain.

I am just trying to give you food for thought. Trying to take your mind in another direction for a while..... provide a diversion.

As sure as my word, I am praying for you Abbie,
Mark56
"Thanks for this!" says:
Abbie (09-17-2011), ron h (09-17-2011), Rrae (09-17-2011)