View Single Post
Old 09-17-2011, 09:08 AM
Senior Member (**Dr Smith is named after a character from Lost in Space, not a medical doctor)

10 yr Member
Senior Member (**Dr Smith is named after a character from Lost in Space, not a medical doctor)

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittycapucine1974 View Post
The document from the link you gave me provided a very interesting view on sleep patterns and personality. People who like to sleep in a fetal position are apparently hard on the outside, but soft on the inside.
I don't know if I'd put too much stock in that part of the article/study - yet. It actually said,

Quote:
if you curl up in the fetal position when you sleep, you may be tough on the outside and soft on the inside.
(emphasis mine)

The article/study is full of these "may be"s & "can be"s, and I saw no mention of people who change position many times during the night - the ones who are all over the bed! Some folks read something like this and may try to make judgments about themselves or others or are concerned if/when they do/don't "fit" these alleged "types", and I just don't see much validity or value in that.

I think the major thrust of the whole thing was that sufficient quality sleep is important to people's health (which kind of seemed like a "No Duh!" to me) regardless of position.

I recall no specific mention of any health issues of the study's subjects, but it should go without saying that when there are overriding health issues involved, all bets are off.

Doc

Dr. Smith is NOT a medical doctor. He was a character from LOST IN SPACE.
All opinions expressed are my own. For medical advice/opinion, consult your doctor.
Dr. Smith is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote