View Single Post
Old 09-17-2011, 01:58 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Red face SCARED car accident 8 months post op ACDF C5-6 C 6-7

I am still concerned. Muscle spasms not as bad but still there. If I lift anything or do too much they come back and let me know. My ROM has decreased tremendously and there is so much crunching when I turn my neck. OSS said not too worry about the crunching but it goes right through me like nails on a chalkboard.
I go back on Wed. but would love to go back on Monday if they have room for me. I am also going to request an MRI. I want to know what is going on with the soft tissue. Also having some issues with swallowing, feeling like there is a lump in my throat and or narrowing. It could be in my head or just inflammation in general making it feel bad. Who knows. After all I have been through I think I get nervous with everything I feel. I am keeping a journal of how I feel and how it impacts my life. Just in case I need it for a lawyer. Hope everyone is feeling as well as they can. When shopping with a girlfriend as a pick me up. Bought 2 outfits. Helped a bit. Was very tired after shopping. Came home to take a nap.
12/9/2010 ACDF C5-6 C6-7 with plate, screws,
BMP & bone fragment filled cages
2/14/2011 trying to go back to work as a teacher
2/17/2011 starting PT
wearing bone stimulator 4 hours a day
DDD, arthritis, herniated disks, pinched nerves
3 months saw a little bit of bone growth (YEAH)
4/15/2011 Home Tens Unit
6 months - end plate growth going well - no more bone stimulator, issues with hands going to vascular and hand surgeons to find out why
8/2011 - may have TOS or RSD still researching
9/2/2011 Rear ended at 30 mph. Significant Whiplash

Dealt with the pain and issues for more than 5 years
tried PT, chiropractic, acupuncture, cervical epidural shots and selective nerve root blocks prior to surgery

Last edited by frenchfri1003; 09-17-2011 at 04:47 PM. Reason: wanted to add to it
frenchfri1003 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote