View Single Post
Old 09-17-2011, 02:08 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Catra121, thanks for the suggestions! I have a TENS unit and it often provides me with some temporary relief as well. The other night it was making the pain worse, though, so I turned it off, but I'm going to try it again soon to see if that's still happening or not.

I have found that moist heat helps too when the burning isn't bad. Right now I can't get my lower back wet, but that's something that I often forget to try so I'll have to remember it for the near future when the catheter comes out. But I know what you mean about it sometimes getting worse when you come out. When my knees get wet and are in cool air the pain gets really bad.

And yeah, sometimes the PT can be so hard to find the motivation to do at home because the pain gets worse before it gets better. My therapist tells me though to just keep exercising until I feel better, because I will reach that point. And she's right, of course I'm better off when I'm there with her, though, because it's a much bigger push to get through everything. But PT has really been a lifesaver for me long term.

Ballerina, does mirror therapy work if the limbs on both sides are affected? Scrubbing is also one of the therapeutic techniques specific for RSD, which my PT has been having me do, and I have really noticed that that helps for me, so just a heads up, if you haven't tried it! Thanks for the suggestions and I agree, any small relief is a good thing!
yellow is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote