View Single Post
Old 09-17-2011, 02:41 PM
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
Unhappy i remember your interest

icon was hit acccidentally.

What do they do differently in Canada? They certainly have the most advanced treatment but I think NIH might be going to have a clinical trial - don't quote me because the NIH's right foot doesn't always know what the left foot is doing.There are many agencies in the NIH. maybe we are just the most on top of it because it's what we do.

I don't know what postural and gait pd is- its a subtype instead of a symptom? my balance and gait problems are because of my right side becoming so rigid it throws me off. But i didn't have trouble sitting up in a chair. so it was affecting her spinal column and pelvis ...yikes.

tell us more when you can. i've seen you around here looking for information and i'm glad you found that dbs is happening, do you know if it is FDA approved or did u just make sure you went to the best?

thanks for sharing

adding does she take meds? if so what and how much of a reduction if you don't mind sharing that information.
also: i see you said reduced meds by 30 %. could you translate that to number of pills and what mg ,etc.

this is the kind of specific we need to hear from patients. not researchers or pharma. maybe the percentage is irrelevant if she is not falling- that would be 100"% worth it right there.

"Time is not neutral for those who have pd or for those who will get it."

Last edited by paula_w; 09-17-2011 at 02:53 PM. Reason: didn't do the face - accidental
paula_w is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote