Thread: Just an update
View Single Post
Old 09-18-2011, 08:18 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Grin Just an update

I've been MIA for a bit mainly due to my job situation. I posted a while back about how I was going to be forced to take a promotion and all the BS that went along with it and how I was being set up to fail by the manager and office manager. Well, I thought I’d post an update just to let you all know that sometimes it really DOES pay to be stubborn and keep fighting, no matter what!

The manager and office manager went from hating each other to “I love you’s” literally overnight, to the point it turned your stomach. They would text each other on their phones at work and laugh like a couple of grade schoolers and treat myself and the other office staff terrible. I believe they were out to destroy our office before they retired and turn the office staff against each other, but it didn’t work.

They had both decided to stay through our company’s next election, but all the sudden allegations of corruption, document shredding, etc., started floating to the surface. The manager retired early and they appointed someone to finish out his term. The office manager left the following month, leaving me, the new office manager, to handle the elections by myself, even though I wasn’t 100% trained. Guess what? We made it through with flying colors!

The guy that was appointed won re-election and now we’re on the right path to success. He’s younger and has fresh ideas and we work together well. The first thing he did was increase my salary to that of the former office manager – we’re talking a HUGE raise. He’s very fair-minded and all he asks is an honest day’s work for an honest day’s pay – no game playing. He’s making everyone tow the line and some aren’t happy about it, but as I told him, there’s a new sheriff in town and the old ways of doing just enough to get by are over.

And the absolute best part of it all? While I’ve been under a lot of stress these last couple of years and am working my rear off, I’ve had no MS exacerbation and my last MRI showed less lesions than before, a couple of new ones, some old ones that have gotten smaller or have gone away completely.
MSCherokee is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Aarcyn (09-18-2011), barb02 (09-18-2011), Blessings2You (09-18-2011), Debbie D (09-19-2011), Dejibo (09-19-2011), dmplaura (09-19-2011), hollym (09-19-2011), Judy2 (09-18-2011), karousel (09-18-2011), Kitty (09-18-2011), Koala77 (09-19-2011), nemsmom (09-19-2011), NurseNancy (09-18-2011), SallyC (09-18-2011), TwoKidsTwoCats (09-19-2011)