View Single Post
Old 03-17-2007, 03:08 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

I am an amputee who lost the leg to the hip just about and my son is autistic so it's different for us then say it would be for a neurologically typical child and me for a mother, but it's all I know. He's ten and doesn't seem to care and I'm sure he remembers when I walked around using an artificial limb, but it just hurt so much I went back to using a wheelchair. He can be mean about it at times, taking my chair and running off with it when I am in the bathroom, making me have to get up and hop after him. It's really a shame he can't understand that doing that is wrong, and hurts me to hop like that. When he takes it from me in the bedroom I have to get on the floor and crab scoot out to the living room, I just cannot take hopping that far and he just laughs.

I bet none of you have that trouble do you? *sigh* My life is so darn complicated at times. I lock the chair but he's so strong he just yanks it away no care that it's locked. I would have to say that he knows it's wrong but he just doesn't care, it's all a game to him. So it's hard to live with being an amputee as high up as I am, but add in his autism and you can imagine life is anything but peaceful here at my house. Not meaning to drag the convo down, just needed to vent and saw this thread to do a little of that in.

I am surprised this forum isn't used more...I will be checking back now that I have found something to post to. Thanks for starting this thread Rocking4Epilepsy.
Pamster is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote