View Single Post
Old 09-18-2011, 09:40 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Thanks for the response

The OSS stated that I could go back to where I was going for massage and utrasound and stim. I want to wait for the 2 week check and ask for an MRI to make sure nothing has bulged or herniated. I have a TENS unit at home and use it often along with muscle relaxers and some pain meds when needed. I just want everything documented for insurance. I have been taking it very easy. My son is off at college and my husband has been away for work. I am just as happy having an empty house and only worrying about myself. I am a teacher and push myself to go to school especially since the first day of school was the 6th and the accident was on the 2nd. So I have a few days to sit aback on the recliner and do nothing right after the accident. The 6th, 7th, 8th and 9th were definitely the most painful days. When I got home from work it was the recliner for me and no one to worry about or pretend to feel okay. Sleeping, the morning and later in the evening are definitely worse than the middle of the day. I think being at work even if I am taking it easy, is better than being at home all day and just thinking about the situation. Currently I have a follow up appointment with the OSS on Wed. Originally it was Mon but I had to change it because of a meeting that has since been cancelled (figures). So I will call on Mon and see if there is still a late afternoon slot available. If not, Wed it is. Not only is swallowing a small issue but I have laryngitis. It could be from the beginning of the year and talking more than usual or it could be related. Time will tell. Yes, the journal is an asset. When ever I correspond to someone on this site I recommend a journal for symptoms, pain, meds, dr questions and answers so that there is a history to look back on and not rely on memory.

frenchfri1003 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote