View Single Post
Old 09-18-2011, 12:13 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi dear Charli ~ I WISH I had some suggestions, but all I can give you is support.

What is their REASON for weaning you off your meds? Addictiion is a RARE occurance for chronic pain patients -- we don't CRAVE the meds -- we're looking for pain relief, and like you said the pain isn't going to magically go away once you're off the meds!

Most doctors don't have a CLUE about chronic pain unless they themselves have it or if they're a pain doctor. And even some pain doc's are idiots! The spinal injections that you mentioned, rarely work -- MOST people get no help from them at all. And if the FIRST one doesn't work, the second one won't either! DUH Why do they insist on giving you more when they don't work? In the "real" world, the docs get paid from $1,500 to $2,500 to administer them!!!

Have you tried contacting your Senator? Each time I've done that, they HAVE gone to bat for me. In fact, when I was denied for disability (like everyone is once) I wrote to my Senator, Congressman, and even the White House -- and they ALL helped me.

I wish you the very best -- I hope to God you get a doctor with some compassion and "smarts." God bless & please take care. Hugs, Lee
recovering alcoholic, sober since 7-29-93;severe depression; 2 open spinal surgeries; severe sciatica since 1986; epidurals; trigger points; myelograms; Rhizotomy; Racz procedure; spinal cord stimulator implant (and later removal); morphine pump trial (didn't work);now inoperable; lumpectomy; radiation; breast cancer survivor; heart attack; fibromyalgia; on disability.

Often the test of courage is not to die, but to live..
.................................................. ...............Orestes
Leesa is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote