View Single Post
Old 09-18-2011, 02:32 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Index Finger Numbness issues + tennis elbow + neck & shoulder issues

Hello ~ am new to this site. Has anyone have their left index finger numb & tingly plus have tennis elbow in left arm? I had a cervical fusion C5-C7 and foraminotomy (2008) and left shoulder surgery (2010). Some of this is due to structural issues but also due to an overuse injury 4 years ago. I have had 2 cortizone injections this year into my left elbow that have worn off after a few weeks, and still have the finger numbness which is very annoying (there probably is residual from my neck), but I am still hopeful there is something they haven't found yet, perhaps in my elbow? I have had multiple EMGs, MRIs, CT scans, you name it... my last EMG in early 2010 finally said it was Abnormal and consistent with chronic changes persisting following a left C5 cervical radiculopathy. My left deltoid and bicepts muscles showed chronic motor unit changes.

I have done some research online and possibilities are: pronator teres syndrome, median nerve palsy, anterior interosseous syndrome, or posterior interosseous nerve compression syndrome.

Really wonder if it's a median nerve causing my problem (since everything is connected) or nerve compression in my elbow. Am going to the surgeon (to check out my left shoulder/elbow) again on Tuesday, so would be nice to have more info. if you have a similar experience. Thanks!
Goldie-2011 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote