View Single Post
Old 09-18-2011, 06:27 PM
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
Default i've been thru all of that

i had the whole thing - a slipped disc in my jaw, excruciating pain, and a mouthpiece that had to be paid out of pocket because the jaw is considered a dental problem. i had it during a time of great stress. the doctor gave me a 10mg valium and the tech told me to keep my mouth closed during the MRI. well 10 mg put me right to sleep with my mouth wide open. the tech wasn't happy he had to pull me out 3 or 4 times and once i was even snoring.

anyway i do have alot of trouble with my cervical spin, had neck surgery for another disc replacement. now i'm waiting for two partials which were lost for awhile in the ordering so 2 more weeks and i will have a full mouth of healthy teeth. i'm really hoping it keeps my mouth open and not succumb to the inevitable cave in from meds. i am missing quite a few back teeth so i hope to stop biting my lip and bursting into frustrating tears at dinner.

if this remains a problem i will check into botox but getting it covered is another thing.

after while my tmj went away. the mouth piece wouldn't fit now anyway i still had more teeth then. so i hope its gone for good.

"Time is not neutral for those who have pd or for those who will get it."
paula_w is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote