View Single Post
Old 09-18-2011, 10:59 PM
Magnate

10 yr Member
Magnate

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zevan View Post
attorneys do not want my case. That's OK, I can fully accept that at this point. I will represent myself & am confident enough to know I will do a better job. It hurts me too much to call attorneys anymore, they do not want my case. As I have stated, I'm not going to let attorneys decide how my case will go. I will just go to the very end until I can't go any further. They don't listen for long when I start to tell them about my case, it's just immediately no we can't help you!!

I wanted my ex to testify when the two of us saw his doctor friend to verify CORRECT DATES. I see nothing wrong with that, and I feel he should be supoened to do it. No one has ever answered my question regarding this so I give up on ever getting one. It's as though I'm told even though he was who I lived with during the years the social security department wants to know about didn't ever really happen. He of anyone knows about my disabilities & went to many doctors with me! I guess I'll just supoena him myself since I'm representing myself now. It was pretty obvious when I spoke with my attorney he feels the appeals board will deny me a new hearing. He made it clear he would not want to represent me anymore after that. I even paid out extra money for him to retrieve further evidence he never bothered to do. He cashed my check months ago though. If my attorney had cross examined the doctor and also questioned the RO I might have been approved. I don't feel I was represented very well. He is now acting like Oh well the Dr. told me he was going to use different dates, so since he didn't do that oh well. Now he's also telling me my CD from the hearing can't be read. He hasn't dropped me yet, but he told me not to get my hopes up in anything good happening.
You still have an attorney.

If you choose to represent yourself pro se you can supoena your ex, but I doubt it will help you and it might harm your case. If YOU think the doc committed perjury on behalf of your ex, why do you think your ex would be supportive of your claim? You can't just have him address the questions you want. The ALJ can question him about anything he wants to.

You can provide your attorney with the paper trail to prove there was an ERROR with the doc's testimony. Your medical records with the correct dates might even be in your SSDI file. You can make an appointment to view those records.
LIT LOVE is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote