Thread: Rash
View Single Post
Old 09-19-2011, 07:53 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

One of the things that I find the most frustrating about RSD is when you get a new symptom that COULD be caused by RSD but you really don't know if it is or not until you rule out other possibilities. RSD can cause some pretty strange stuff, including itching, but there are also a lot of other things that can cause some of those symptoms. I think that you should follow up with the other doctors to make sure that it's not something else.

I have had a ton of new symptoms spring up over the past 10 months and itching was one of them. Turns out it is from the RSD and it happened in all the new and old areas where I was experiencing the RSD pain. Nothing I tried that was for itching really helped at at and I felt like I was going mad. The last time it happened the itching lasted about 2 weeks and it was accompanied by red bumps and welts. I found that the best thing was just to use lotion on my skin to take the edge off a little. Nothing made it go away and I tried all sorts of creams and gels meant for itching. In the end, Jergens Ultra Healing lotion was what I used. I don't have dry skin, so it wasn't that, and it didn't STOP the itching, just took that edge off that was literally driving me mad. It's terrible when it hurts to have anything touch you and you feel like you have to scratch because the itchiness is driving you insane.

But definitely check to make sure it's not something else (allergy, infection, or something else). Because the good news if it is something besides RSD is that you can get treatment and get it fixed. But no way to know unless you get it checked out.
catra121 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
mrsD (09-19-2011)