View Single Post
Old 09-19-2011, 04:40 PM
kittycapucine1974

kittycapucine1974

Hi, Leesa:

Quote: "Sleeping in the fetal position relieves pressure on the discs/spine, and feels lots better than laying straight. It "opens up" the disc space and "untraps" nerves that might be compressed. You can lay like that all you want! "

I guess that, in this case and for some of us, our body knows what is best to relieve the pain it might feel, as well as make the sleeper more comfortable. Thanks for this information. It makes so much sense, but I never would have thought about it if you had not mentioned it.

My severe chronic pain is controlled very well by my Duragesic patches, my MSIR capsules, and my Tambocor capsules. Since the Tambocor was added to the Duragesic and the MSIR, I am able to run up and down stairs without much pain at all. Before, I could not even do it without paying a big price for it.

I am not sure if it could be my pain waking me up at night so many times and without my knowing the pain is responsible for all this. I know I am a very light sleeper. When I sleep, a mosquito flying next to my face would wake me up for sure. Any noise, even light, would wake me up.

The idea of using "nature CDs" for falling asleep is wonderful. Do you have any CDs that you particularly like and would recommend? There are so many of them that I do not know which ones to choose.

Once a "nature CD" helps you fall asleep, who turns off the CD player for the sake of not wasting electricity or batteries if the CD player is on all night? Is it possible to program a CD player to turn itself off in, say, 15 minutes? If yes, which CD player brands should I get?

Thanks again for all your information.
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote