View Single Post
Old 09-19-2011, 07:58 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member
Heart

Dear Pam

great to hear from you!!! and all the good news!! i am totally FOR getting off whatever meds you can, or reducing to the minimum effective dosages... totally understand the concern for longterm effects too.

my only concern would be not to do it all at once unless there is a compensatory effect that calls for changing two in unison. reducing meds can be stressful even if you feel positive about it. and stress increases pain so do take it slow, and even take a pause if need be, plateau for a while.

i hope you will be ok without the abilify. is there a plan B? have you ever tried Geodon? it doesn't seem to carry nearly the same risk of metabolic syndrome seen with the other atypicals.

congratulations on the weight loss and fitness program. i have been hopeless in those efforts. should i say what efforts, i've been a mess for the most part and just when i thought i was getting better, i "flipped"if you know what i mean.
anyway i know how hard that is. keep up the good work.

i hope your mom surprises you and sticks around a good while longer.

((((hugs)))) take care and keep us posted

waves
"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (09-19-2011), DiMarie (09-20-2011), Dmom3005 (09-20-2011), Mari (09-19-2011), Pamster (09-25-2011)