View Single Post
Old 09-19-2011, 08:14 PM
Magnate

10 yr Member
Magnate

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by don1956 View Post
when got ready to go before a judge with my case.he sent my lawyer info for him to fill out.it was info the judge needed to determine when it should go before him.if the lawyer didnt feel he had enough info he delay the hearing till he had all the requried material.the judge asked the lawyer what he wanted presented.that is require by law.medical records(xrays,treatments,meds,doctors visits) your age plans apart and your occupation(What you do/did for a living).all these are required by law.his desicion is based on what the law requires (not what you doctors so much has to say)
Thanks Don!

Karen,
What your doc(s) has to say and what your medical records document is only the first hurdle, but it is an important hurdle.

My one warning to your specific situation, is that by applying so soon after your RSD began, you're in the time window with the greatest chance for remission (a very good thing for your health, but it might delay your approval.) You've protected yourself by filing quickly, but it is hard to predict how the disorder will effect you long term. RSD patients can get better, stay the same, or get worse...

You're in active treatment. You're optimistic (I hope) about your chances for remission. SS wants documentation that you have a severe disability that will keep you from doing any type of work for a (very) long time.You might (fingers crossed) be one of the lucky few for which RSD does not become a life long battle. There's the rub...there is no way to know.

You should (in theory) be able to get approval now while you're RSD is acute and then go back to work if you get better. Because so few SSD recipients ever return to SGA, SS seemingly prefers to delay approval if your long term prognosis is unclear.

They'll award you a closed period of backpay later on, rather than award you now, and try and catch when you improve.

Hope this helps.
LIT LOVE is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ginnie (09-23-2011), Karen67 (09-20-2011)