View Single Post
Old 09-19-2011, 09:55 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

I have had three NP Assessments done.

A NeuroPsych Assessment can be a great tool for defining your residual and persistent dysfunctions. A proper battery of NP tests for mTBI should take a minimum of a few hours to as much as a whole day. It will give a wide range of results.

It will measure:
Reaction time
memory broken down into
Short and Immediate Auditory memory
Short and Immediate Visual memory
Total working memory
Executive functioning
Word recognition and recall
Ability to multi-task
Ability to switch or alternate tasks
Intelligence Quotients broken into a few different categories
Emotional/psychological self assessment
Digit span (the number of items or ideas that can be stored and processed at the same time)

It is well worth the effort to get it done.

Most suggest the Halstead-Reitan battery as the best for diagnosing mTBI issues.

It is designed to push you to see where your brain fails or falters. There is no need to prepare for it. The best results are achieved when you are at the same level of rest and function as any other day.

If your HMO will not cover it, check to see if your auto insurance company will cover it under Medical Coverage. If you are a Kaiser patient, I would not put a lot of trust in the results. Kaiser's Neuro-Psychs can leave something to be desired. It is also a very difficult department to get into.

Drop me a note privately if you want some more info. I have a few personal issues to mention.

My best to you.

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
rick92 (09-20-2011)