View Single Post
Old 09-20-2011, 01:50 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Post Greetings everyone!

Hello everyone. I was refered to these forums by a friend who had nothing but great things to say about this place. I am here today because I've been experiencing the following symptoms since December 4th. I apologize in advance if my introduction is too long winded.

On December 4th 2010, while doing my weights I felt a pop in the back of my head while straining very hard to finish my last rep/set. I felt no other symptoms at that time. On Monday December 6th 2010 it was time for me to do my weightlifting again and after finishing my first set of the evening. I sat up and immediately felt a fullness in my left ear, pressure/burning underneith my left ear, the room was spinning to my right and my body felt like it was spinning to my left. My wife rushed over and held me up, while I sat on my bench trying to recover for approximately 15-20 minutes. The vertigo type symptoms lasted briefly and were replaced with dizziness.

-Fullness in left ear.
Started on December 6th 2010 and is currently an issue.
It feels as though I have too much wax (or something else) but it feels like it is deep within my ear, possible on the other side of my eardrum.

-24/7 dizziness.
It is worse when I move my head. Occasionally it makes me feel sick to my stomach.

-Tightness (sometimes burning) sensation under my left ear.
I was told by several doctors that this region is called the eustachian tube.

-Pressure in my head.
Started on December 11th 2010 and is currently an issue.
The pressure started on December 11th 2010 after I was given a lumbar puncture. It was later discovered that I had a leak and I was hospitalized the following day and given 3 blood patches to correct the problem. The pressure nearly went away, but in May started up again at an indescribeable severity. The pressure is lessened when I lay down and gets worse when I tilt my neck, sit up or exert, even the tiniest of amounts to do the simpliest of activities.

-Odd sensation with the skin on the left side of my face/left eye/scalp.
Started on June 2011 and is currently an issue.
The slightest touch to the left side of my face (above the cheek bone), my left eye, including my eyelashes/eyelid and my head/scalp send a vibtratory sensation/sound to my left ear. To best desribe this feeling, it reminds me of when you start to yawn. When you focus on your ear while doing so you'll notice that it feels and sounds like air pressure travelling over tiny cilia/hairs. This is the same sensation that I achieve by the slightest touching to areas of the left side of my face, eye and head/scalp.

-Tinnitus in left ear.
Started in June 2011 and is currently an issue.
It is very high pitched, loud (sometimes difficult to muffle, even with tv volume high) and sounds like a heart beat. I do my best to ignore it or drown it out but the shear loudness of it makes it incredibly annoying.

-Sensitivity to high pitched sounds in left ear.
Started in June 2011 and is currently an issue.
Even my own voice causes my left ear pain. The smallest (volume wise) high pitched sounds, even from outside or several rooms away within our house, cause my left ear pain. It feels as though any high pitched sound is being magnified multiple times over, right against my eardrum, even though, in reality, it may be a tiny high pitched sound from a great distance away. Even typing this message causes my left ear pain.

-Itchyness in left ear, bad smell and discoloured wax in left ear.
Lasted from May until July 2011.
The smell was so bad that I was forced to move into my own room in our house. These symptoms all started soon after a my 2nd appointment with an ENT, who was trying to remove wax in my ear with a metal instrument and hit something inside (which causes me pain and I stated so immediately). I did have an ear infection 15 years ago (approx) that had almost identical symptoms and length of time. But I have no proof that this ENT was the cause of anything but I felt it was important to add the timeline for these symptoms, just in case it's important and possibly a seperate issue/cause from those which started in December.
Acuity is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote