View Single Post
Old 09-20-2011, 06:47 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

My daughter has had many ketamine infusions (2 inpatient and several outpatient 3 day boosters). All were covered by my Blue Cross Federal Employee Program but I know many other insurance companies cover it now that ketamine has FDA approval for breakthrough pain. There is an excellent group on FB called the Ketamine Klub that lists all the doctors whe perform it and also the billing codes for those of you having problems with either your insurance company or self pay with reimbursement later.

My dd has gotten significant relief with her treatments. What worked best for her was inpatient followed by outpatient boosters on about a 6 wk schedule. It is important to follow up and keep up the exposure to ketamine when pain levels start to rise.

We have had no problems with 'tripping' or hallucinations. The other iv meds should take care of all of that. It is important to go in there in a relaxed state with a positive mind set. My dd wears headphones and dark glasses to keep down outside stimulus.
betsykk is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote