View Single Post
Old 09-20-2011, 09:16 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen67 View Post
I am trying to be selfish as far as being kind to myself. But I gotta say, its hard sometimes to not get depressed about the whole thing. Then I read other peoples stories on here and I feel like a whiney baby! I would love to be able to take a sauna or hot bath, but it causes me to flair. I can't do anything that involves warm or hot water. I have to do sponge bathes. Its driving me crazy! My PM doc is having me soak my feet in luke warm water to get me used to it?? I think. But your positive words and encouragement mean more to me than I can say. I will take your words to heart and keep on truckin'. Karen
Hi Karen,

You are so lucky that you have more of a head start on this than many of us. The best advice I can give you regarding seeking the representation of an attorney is the same advice I have regarding suggestions offered by fellow CRPS patients regarding treatments.

Just as some medical treatments are sworn by because they work for one can cause problems for another, so it is with the decision to hire an attorney when filing for SSDI. If and when you decide to file please do lots of your own research. Many folks with a diagnosis of CRPS get SSDI on the first try with no attorney. Please do your homework before you decide to hire an attorney.

I can tell by your positive attitude that you are going to get up to speed really quickly with what you need to do to be your own best advocate!

Hoping that better days are ahead for you and praying for a remission so you won't need SSDI!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ballerina is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Karen67 (09-20-2011)