View Single Post
Old 09-20-2011, 09:52 AM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wink

I take my B12 in the morning on an empty stomach.
I never get any energy or side effects from it either.
My last reading was 1999 after trialing the new Puritan's Pride methylcobalamin so I know that brand works well!

Without any B12 my tests are in the 800 range.

Here is a link to my fluoroquinolone page:
http://neurotalk.psychcentral.com/post661103-2.html

Dr. Cohen's link is on there too. He did a study himself on his patients and their side effect profiles.

If you read Dr. Cohen's website he has an interesting study on statins and how doctors IGNORE their side effects, because the drug reps do not tell them otherwise. Some doctors still trust the Big Pharma reps when that trust is very misplaced. The drug companies often do NOT publish their negative study results and only do so when compelled. (NY state forced Glaxo to reveal their negative studies on Paxil, for example, which were considerable and damning for children).

Doctors remain totally blind to the toxicity of statins today, even when published accounts detail them, for this reason.

Here is Dr. Cohen's article on side effects: (statins)
http://www.medicationsense.com/artic...cts012108.html
Dr. Cohen BTW teaches in medical school too.

Here is one paper on fluroquinolones and nerve side effects:

Quote:
J Antimicrob Chemother. 1996 Apr;37(4):831-7.
Peripheral sensory disturbances related to treatment with fluoroquinolones.
Hedenmalm K, Spigset O.
Source

Division of Clinical Pharmacology, Norrland University Hospital, Sweden.
Abstract

The symptoms and possible risk factors of peripheral sensory disturbances related to fluoroquinolones are reviewed on the basis of 37 reports submitted to the Swedish Adverse Drug Reactions Advisory Committee. In 25 patients (68%), symptoms occurred within 1 week after start of treatment. Paraesthesia was the most common complaint and occurred in 81% of the cases. Fifty-one per cent of the reports concerned numbness/hypoaesthesia, 27% pain/hyperaesthesia and 11% muscle weakness. Seventy-one per cent of the patients recovered within 2 weeks after drug discontinuation. Possible predisposing factors were impaired renal function, diabetes, lymphatic malignancy and treatment with another drug known to cause neuropathy.

PMID:
[PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

Free full text
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8722551

Like with many other drug information papers, this one is from Europe, where the Big Pharma influence is less.
The original information on estrogen replacement risks for menopausal women came from Europe up to 10 yrs before the HERS studies were done here (independently) of the Ayerst company who dominated positive benefits in US. As a result
estrogen supplement therapy has lost its popularity here finally but many women died from heart attacks and strokes before the truth was revealed, in US.

Don't get me started on this.... I've posted alot about deceptive Big Pharma, over the years!

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
antonina (11-05-2011)