View Single Post
Old 09-20-2011, 09:57 AM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member

I wouldn't take Avonex because it's an intra-muscular shot and the others are subcutaneous. I know myself and I could not have done the IM shot.

Some folks do well on the DMD's. Some don't. That's just the nature of the beast. We're all different and each of us responds differently to meds. Those that have benefited from the DMD's are fortunate.

Don't let anyone bully or pressure you into taking something you don't want to. If you want to give a particular med a chance to see if it will help you that's understandable. But if you have bad side effects or see that the med isn't helping then don't feel guilty for discontinuing it's use. Neuro's are just as frustrated as those of us with MS are. We look to them for a solution and there just isn't one. At least not one that benefits everyone.

Have you tried LDN? It's helped my MS symptoms greatly and has none of the side effects of the traditional DMD's. You might want to give it a chance.
These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
Kitty is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
daisy.girl (09-20-2011), dmplaura (09-20-2011), Jodylee (09-21-2011), nemsmom (09-20-2011), SallyC (09-20-2011)