View Single Post
Old 09-20-2011, 10:04 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default hang in there....

Quote:
Originally Posted by eva5667faliure View Post
it's was 3:39 a.m.when i looked at the clock decided to take meds the pain is so bad it is coming from the site in the back where they went in right now both shoulders mostly right just take it off someone please my left elbow down to all of my fingers but all from my shoulders down this hasn't happened for quite some time it feels as it is coming from the neck can't really asses so painful i almost feel as if i could go to the hospital but all that will do is make life harder nothing will or can be done. it is monday can't wait for the office to open. he (my surgeon) has yet to call and inform me of my fusion. i'm gonna go for now i hurt too much and much too worry about. this truly stinks it hurts to do just about anything

thanks much for all

eva
Hi there,

I hope you are feeling a little better with the sun coming up, night time is the worst for me too, I hurt so much more in the evenings and at bedtime. I understand your frustration and pain, it's tiring and wears you down. Do you have any support system at home? Having someone to keep your spirits up and reassure you can help with the pain sometime, even if it's just a pyschological thing.

I have a suggestion, I just recently (recently meaning 2 visits, 2 weeks) started seeing a Naturopathic Doctor for pain relief. She evaluated everything from supplements, blood pressure, pain tolerance, mood, etc.... she has started me on some herbal supplements, vitamins for nerve pain and inflammation and weekly accupuncture sessions. I don't feel a huge amount of relief just yet, but I have to admit I do feel a little bit better, and at least it gives me HOPE if nothing else. I was so desperate to find pain relief I was ready to cut my hand off for the nerve pain, so I wanted to try anything. Perhaps something for you to think about. When our health care system isn't working for us it's time to take matters into our own hands. Most insurance plans have partial coverage, and at least it will give you another opinion?

wishing you (and me) a pain free day!
Cathie
cath1 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote