View Single Post
Old 09-20-2011, 11:54 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I deal with this, I should say my hubby and I deal with this.

I've had my hormones tested and for me that wasn't the issue, everything was in the norm range.

Part of mine is the meds I'm on, some do interfer with sex drive.

My bigger issue is with my limbic system, particularly with the hypothalamus which is largely responsible for sex drive, arousal and sexual satisfaction. (I have impact lesions.)

It takes a little more effort focusing on foreplay and stimulation. Sexual aids, make that much less stressful on my hubby to stimulate and arouse me and he doesn't have to be left out of the "stimulation therapy" enjoyment.

This is one thing in your relationhip you can't be shy about, even if you're a sex toy virgin (my hubby was and lost his inhabitions rather quick )

You also have to be open to "re-learning" how to be sexual again. Not being in the mood can be changed relatively easy if you're open and willing to make it a priority even when you're not in the mood or feeling it...You've gotta' make a spark before you can have a fire

Amazon.com has an adult sexual aid section that is discreetly delivered and privacy protected...Just sayin'
Jinxicat9 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote