View Single Post
Old 03-17-2007, 09:45 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default Victor, welcome and especially, as ...

you're trying to learn about this painful condition.

It's a simple yet complicated thing to have. Simply put it's 'chemistry' of our bodies that causes the pain, and then subsequent pains. It is either 1-hereditary; 2-acquired [toxins-drugs, meds, toxins, diseases set it off {diabetes, infections, Strokes..you name it}]' or 3- trauma- such as getting 'pinned'. There are a few medications which either 'over-ride' or 'short-circuit' these pains, but some work for some, not for others...we as humans are all different.

I suggest you go to the top of this page and look up the 3rd topic called a 'Sticky', Topics of interest There is a LOT of info there, but it's good stuff everyone active here has gotten and sorted out from the internet and our experiences that seems worthwhile. It's an introduction to all the different aspects of PN and it's varieties .

After that, read some of our past posts....some of us have different types of PN, caused by all sorts of reasons, some of us have other conditions that complicate things, BUT, I guarantee you that we all DO understand that PAIN!

After that, I'm guessing that you will have lots of questions still. I've had this thing for 4 years and I've questions yet to ask! Your dad is lucky you care enough to try and understand! Few folks do, you know. Good thoughts to the both of you! - j
dahlek is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote